Saturday, February 9, 2019

Some baseball (and more wrestling) before the next box

Nope - not a creative title to the post, just exactly what this is - a 30 pack of baseball cards from the dollar store in the US. No Jay, and no inserts....so we are down to keepers and traders, so let's see what we have...


Keepers...


Standard fair, though we do get a Jose Offerman card. Whenever I see him, I remember my first real error card as a kid (which I still have). I have a 1992 Fleer card of his with a blank back - it just missed being printed on completely, so it's like half a card.

As a kid I thought it was so cool and wished I had others, but still just have the one.



The rest of the keepers highlight why these packs are worthwhile for Rockies team collectors. Also, a Chrome looking Mike Cameron out of 2006 Upper Deck.

Traders...



A feast of late 80s and early 90s sets of the times. At least we end with a Fielder - from his more memorable time in Detroit, after his Toronto days.

This pack was fun, and had a couple interesting sets included, but not quite as good as the last one.

Still - on to another blaster tomorrow...maybe another wrestling one...we shall see.

4 comments:

  1. The Cameron is from the 2006 Upper Deck Special F/X set. It's basically a parallel set like Topps Chrome. I've pulled a couple out of repacks myself and was thrown off for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely thrown - couldn't quite place it, but very Chrome like.

      Delete
  2. I like those PressTine 30 card packs, though I don't much care for too many cards from the 2010s sneaking in to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind, just because I don't pick up too much new anyway. I'd love if they were exclusively 1996 - 2008 or so, that time period I was really out of collecting completely.

      Delete