Friday, December 28, 2018

Making comparison easy

Well, doesn't get much easier to be able to compare a couple blasters than by comparing two of the same blaster...



Starting today, and through the rest of the year (yes, I mean the next few days), I will give this box the same treatment as the last.

Scoring system...
Base card - 1 point (yes, all cards get a point)
Base card need - 2 points
Base variation card - 20 points
Base card Toronto card - 5 points
Base variation Toronto card - 50 points
Insert Card bonus - points based on odds - if 1 in 4 - worth 4 points, double if a Toronto card

It will be generally harder for this box to be as good as the first, as duplicate base cards are not going to be as worthwhile to get the second time around - which is valid enough whenever getting a second blaster from the same set.

Without further ado...

Pack #1:


A great pack for Cleveland and Philly fans with two of each, but best pic of the bunch to me is Thames. All needs filled - a bit surprised no dupes with the blaster being 1/3 of the 200 card base set done, but fingers crossed that continues.



We end with another mascot card - good old Mr. Red. I love the write up on the back which basically alludes to the fact that he first appeared on a club yearbook in 1953, that became a mascot in the 70s, and that he stand 47 baseballs tall...I'd be curious how accurate that measurement is.

Pack - 7 cards and 16 points

Pack #2:


That's a nice shot of Fowler going for the wall catch - I am really enjoying the photo work on this set.



Interested to see how Mikie does next year - I don't know much about him per se, but Detroit should be somewhere he can get some games in and improve.



This pack is 17 points - all new to me again.

Pack 3:


Here we finally have the first duplicate from the set, and it happens to be the insert! I don't bother cutting down the points because I figure, should be able to trade the insert for an insert, so it all works out.



Still getting use to Verlander out of a Tigers uniform.



The pack is another 18 points so we end the day with 21 cards and 51 points.

Let's see how we continue tomorrow...but first...more Listia wins...



These were a bunch of single card Listia wins, and all for decent prices. Most being new for my artifact collection made them easy to bi on, and why I wanted to win them,



These are the keepers from about 8 different wins. They were for different team lots of 1990-91 O Pee Chee hockey cards, but I won them because I needed at least one card from each of the lots for the set completion, and because each lot went cheap - only 10 to 15 cents. So, I probably have some upgrades for the set too as these were all clean, and I do have some gun gum stains on the ones I have been keeping.

2 comments:

  1. Gun stains? Boy, collecting is pretty violent up in Canada! :)

    ReplyDelete