Saturday, December 8, 2018

Pack Attack - 1988 Donruss Baseball & Listia Roundup

Here we have another pack of...


With the pack, I at least got one card to keep....

Greg was the Jays number 1 catching prospect in 1988, and did turn out doing pretty well - even if his first few games were not overly productive based on the stats for 1988 (1 for 9 in 7 games).



Interesting collation in the cards with so many teams getting multiple cards in the single pack - St. Louis, Cincinnati, Philly, Padres, and that's even with just 12 cards to choose from given the couple checklists.

I guess I shouldn't complain as packs these days, much harder to get two cards from the same team when there are 4-5 cards in the pack....

Before callin it a day, I wanted to also share a number of single card Listia auction wins that arrived in the past few days...



A nice bunch of different new to me artifact cards - except the Crystal Rod. Again, since you can have 4 in a deck, I collect 4 of any, or at least will hold on to 4 of any. I also do that per set - so I do have a bunch of Crystal Rod cards, but only one other from 4th Edition.

The Crystal Rod does give a good comparison to how the new artwork looks different (maybe better).



A one off 1991 WCW wrestling card of The Man....well, from then....Bechy Lynch is The Man right now...

Lastly...



A really nice gold script parallel SN Bernier. It may be MVP, but a really nice card with the gold accents throughout. It's also my first gold SN from the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment