Sunday, May 10, 2020

2017-18 Upper Deck Series 1 CDN Exclusive

Today, we start a box I received from my kids this past Christmas. I picked up a box of Series 2 while in the US last year, and this one is a Series 1 box - between the two, I should have a good start on the 2017-18 set...except for those dang Young Guns.



So a bunch of packs, and an exclusive.



I actually already have a series 1 pack, but I'll be keeping the 2 card exclusive which is pack number 251 for the hockey pack collection.

Scoring as a reminder...

Base Card 1
Base Sports Card Need 3
Base Wrestling Card Need 4
Base Variation / Short Print Card Odds
Base Toronto Card 15
Base Toronto Variation / Short Print Card 5 * Odds
Insert Card Odds
Toronto Insert Card 5 * Odds
Box Bonus Cards Per Pack Odds
Error Card Double Score

Going in, out of 500 cards in the full set, I have 36, so should be good for being mostly new through this box.

Today, pack number 1...


With 8 cards in the pack, would have thought I'd end up with more new cards than just four, but so have you.

I appreciate the out of action card pictures like Parise as they are still sparse enough to be special.

Young Gun cards fall every 4 packs here, so that's the hit of the pack of course.

Dupes...


Disappointing first pack in to go half and half, but can't win them all. Again, the Jake Allen stands out for the walk up the stair unusual photo. There's an interesting collection - cards of players "backstage". I am sure there'd be a bunch of them, but probably some great photo work too.

1 Pack, 8 Cards, 17 Points.

2 comments:

  1. Is the entire set a Canadian exclusive? Or just the Team Triples bonus cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The like leaving it a bit ambiguous when it's just the extra couple cards...

      Delete