Monday, May 11, 2020

Ain't That The Tooth

Hopping into a second pack of 2017-18 Upper Deck Series 1 hockey today, and Jeff Carter looks happy about it.



A toothy grin if ever there was one! These Canvas cards play on my desire for nicer feeling cardboard cards. The main set is all glossed up, but the canvas cards give you the nicer retro cardboard feel (though made "better" so the age much nicer - you don't get the aged rounded corners, etc, the same way without really trying to get it to happen.



The pack overall is much better too as we have all new cards for me. These have some great facial expressions too between Aho, Larsson and Lowry, excellent expressions.

Maybe it is just me, I find the photography being a step up here than the last few year sets before it. Let me know what you think.

2 Packs, 16 Cards, 45 Points.

1 comment:

  1. Hockey players and their missing teeth. Sounds like a cool mini collection in the making.

    ReplyDelete