Sunday, September 20, 2020

Another Great

Today's pack is 10 for 10 on being needed base cards for the 2001-02 Upper Deck Victory set...so what exactly were there?


It's a shame Pierre had to spend a few years in Montreal during his near 2 decade career in the NHL, but I'll try not to hold it against him. The 4 time All-Star (1990, 1993, 1994 and 1996) broke 100 points twice in his career, including 58 goals and 132 points in 1992-93 with the Islanders. This is right when I was most following hockey as a kid, so I remember him best in his late Buffalo days, and these days in New York.


My fave of the rest has to be the Russian Rocket - always really enjoyed Pavel.

17 Packs, 170 Cards, 615 Points.

We will end today with some more baseball cards from www.baseballcardstore.ca, these being the rest of the Topps brand related cards in the box sent my way.


2001 Topps HD (I assume given the thick card stock, that the HD stands for heavy duty...wow, they be thick). These three top row cards are the first I have seen of the set. Very glossy, very nice pics and clean front - not a bad design, kinda like it, and full stats on the back are nice too.

Also really love the snazzy purple Lind parallel. I am nowhere near getting a rainbow of parallel cards for any Jay - just so much to collect, it isn't a priority at all, but is something in the back of my mind, that I would think is pretty cool to have on a 9 pocket page.


A couple Opening Day cards. The Maple Leaf design is a nice Canadian nod - I like it.


Last up, the lone Jays insert for 2020 Opening Day Spring Has Sprung with Vladdy. I love the "showing up to work" walk on this one - great way to end the post for today...just walk it...on?

No comments:

Post a Comment