Sunday, December 27, 2020

World Talent

 A&G continues to provide knowledge as it is apt to do. I knew Aruba was not a hotbed of MLB talent over the years, but didn't realize Bogaerts was only the 5th native to make it to the majors. By far, the biggest star, and a home country hero to be sure.


Actually, the design of the card is pretty nice too, however one easy and big change I would make - why not have the globe actually reflect and centre in on the country in the subject matter? I know, it means having to use a different positioning for each card and not the same frame/border, but it would make a big difference.

Today's mini...

A solid pickup...and the base..


Still no Jays, but can I really complain about a Ted Williams card? No - can't complain about it one bit. Odor...yeah, could complain about him...

4 Packs, 24 Cards, 54 Points

It may also just be a couple days past Christmas, but still a good time to share holiday cheer. I received this card in the mail...


From althib, who I traded with a few times in the past. He was nice enough to send along cheer and a few cards...


A nice bunch of Leaf cards, and quite varied. The Vaive and Baun are nice with the retro look for the retro In The Game set.

4 comments:

  1. Can't tell if the Bogaerts is a box topper (I assume it is) because the others are mini. Either way, it's an awesome card. And so is the Bob Baun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I guess just the Turner is a mini. Can you tell I've never bought any A&G?

      Delete
    2. Trust me - I don't buy much of it either.

      Delete
  2. Good idea about the globe. I feel like I've seen that done before on other sets.

    ReplyDelete