Thursday, June 30, 2022

A Quick Six Pack

 So, I ordered a few things from 401games a while ago including a WWE blaster box, some lots I will share later, and a catch up on some of the Magic The Gathering Packs I had been missing from recent releases, so just a quick share on those today.


So, all in, just 6 packs and because of the "Collector's" packs - about $70-$80, which honestly, I find a big staggering, but still do it, though it does give me a bit of pause as to whether I should continue with the collector packs because they are $25 to $35 a pop.

What makes me question that even more is when they then release something like Double Masters 2022. The Collector boxes in it are all of 4 packs and the box is about $300 CDN. Yeah, so now I have to wonder if I want to spend $80 for a single pack to keep up with the collection, and I am balking at it. I mean, I have spent that on some of the Magic packs in my collection, but that was, for example, a handful of years ago when I bought a revised pack which is from 1994, for the same $80 (and it's now at least a few hundred dollars - so worth it).

Not sure it's really worth it on a brand new set/pack.

How much would you spend for a single pack of cards, or what is the most you ever spent on a single pack? I've shared mine here before - I have spent, I think at most $120 on a single pack for some of the older Magic packs I bought. The good news is, sealed, they are still worth more now, but if I ever open them, some of these could hold about $5 in card value....part of why I don't open them yet - too scared!

5 comments:

  1. The most I ever paid for a pack was $5. It was back in late 1999 or early 2000, a basketball pack. I can't remember which set it was from, but do know that it was a terrible pack. It was also the last purchase I made before stepping away from card collecting for the next ten years or so. I can't say that that pack was directly responsible for me doing so, but I'm sure that it didn't help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would expect it didn't help, and may have been the last straw....yikes.

      Delete
  2. You question stirs up bad memories. I sadly dropped $149.99 for a single pack...

    https://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2020/12/sixty-seconds-of-entertainment.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I can never bring myself to buy boxes like that (yet). I mean, I'll spend money on the unopened pack, but since I am not opening it, I can't be completely disappointed (yet). Some time down the road, I'll have to see if I want to spend a couple epic years opening a pack a day from the collection I have to see "was it worth it?" - or just keeping the collection as is until I go, or sell it. The first option is VERY tempting, but not sure I can do it. I still have a 2015-16 Upper Deck Champs hockey box I need to crack. I bought it in 2018 at Dave and Adam's (yeah - 4 years and I still haven't opened it), bit the box I bought for $40USD is now...$400USD or so. Good news is, I'd get my $40 worth at this point, but I am torn on whether I should just sell it....sorry sidetracked there....

      Delete
  3. That's one ticked off hamster!

    ReplyDelete