Saturday, December 23, 2023

Checking Out The Experience

 Well, can't say I've seen the NFL Experience in person, and here are my first such cards in hand. WHy did Classic call the set NFL Experience - I don't know, but I like it as much as I like team names that aren't plural like the Miami Heat.


It's a shame, taking a look at the card fronts - those are pretty nice. Minimal design, and all great action photos. THe name of the set may suck, but fronts are good.

Ah - there's Classic letting me down with subpar backs. I mean, no stats, write ups that remind me a bit of 1991-92 Pro Set Platinum hockey. It is what it is, and now I have about 70 cards from the set waiting to find a better home than a box I won't look into, so please, happy to make someone's Christmas (or New Year by time they get sent out), a bit happier if anyone is interested.

2 comments:

  1. It's easy to forget that Classic had an NFL license back in the mid 90's. Honestly... I probably would have totally forgotten had they not put out a great autograph set (Classic Pro Line Autographs) in 1995.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - not being a big follower of Football cards, I hadn't known they had any such license.

      Delete