Wednesday, December 20, 2023

You Are Such A Kirk!

 Now, I don't know if jamestagli at TCDB was initially collecting the Blue Jays catcher, if he has a whole lot of dupes of new sets or what, but this ended up being a trade where I doubled the number of Alejandro Kirk cards in my collection.


Playing for the Jays first in 2020 and through 2023, we have cards ranging from rookie times through 2021 here. The catcher isn't going to hit for big homers but has been serviceable since beginning with the Jays. He does have a positive WAR and is fine defensively, and will be interesting to see how he develops still as he is only 25 with many years ahead to his career.

Not going to complain about a serial numbered Nate sneaking into the trade either!

I am up to 21 cards of him in my collection now, and as I say, the majority is from this trade which is cool. Not too bad on the variety of photos used in the bunch, though I don't mind defensive shots for catchers since they can be a bit different and potentially more action shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment