Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Trade and more from NJM

So today starts a few day share with a trade I had with pretty close by TCDB member Nathan-John-Mercer. We did a trade for a few hundred cards going each way, but to save postage, he came by and I threw in some cards for his effort. Well, he threw in a bunch of extras too. I'll share the trade itself today and tomorrow, and the extras will take a few more days to go through. 


There is a LOT that Nathan could get from my for trade list, so I did some digging for things I needed, and kept the trade in his favour so I could move some cards, but one thing I did pull were these Pokémon cards for my kids. I mean, why not?


The majority of the rest of the cards are helpers on set builds. I didn't bother scanning all 300 or so cards, but here highlighting the sets and what came my way.

Still a bunch of early 90s sets I have plenty of build to do on, so was happy getting some work done on those.



1993-94 Upper Deck is a sharp set that I needed a bunch of help on, and is the set that probably gained the most from this trade.


It wasn't just older sets, as there are a few newer ones on my slow build list.


I really need to crack my couple MVP boxes in order to see what I really need before actively trading for any of the cards. Again, here, I just grabbed a few knowing I would be building them, and hoping I lucked out with regards to my needs when the boxes are cracked.

It wasn't just hockey, I did get a bit of set help for a few 90s Upper Deck sets - 1990, 1991 and 1993.

There were a few other cards in the actual trade, but these set build helpers were amazing enough.

5 comments:

  1. Always nice to get help with set builds. I think during the "Great Re-Sort" I plan on doing I might rethink some of the sets I have partially collected..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be able to help with some sets - will be following and see what I can send your way.....do let me know when you are ready to accept an Expos package as I have some here to send your way if you are willing to accept them.

      Delete
  2. Very cool that you met up with Nathan and swapped cards with him in person. He's one of the more generous TCDB members I've dealt with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great guy, and more cards than I expected to be getting - what TCDB is all about!

      Delete