Friday, December 29, 2023

The One I Wanted

 So, I bit the bullet on some older Magic cards I was missing and spent the $1-2 each on them to pick them up from 401games. I don't really like spending money on single cards without great cause, but at the same time, I don't have the same access to them as I did before, and I much prefer buying at 401games than ebay or similar.


I picked up a number of 1994 Collector's edition cards, some international version here, some "regular". The sets were printed at about 10,000 of each, that's it and I would expect half of those are gone with attrition from aging, so not a massive pool of cards left.


In my haste, I picked up a test card that I won't keep - saw artifact, but missed it was a black card. I did however finally bite on the last 1994 Revised set artifacts I needed to complete the 51 card set of them.

The Winter Ord card (all these actually) are in heavy played condition, and I may have spent $10 on that one card, but it's such a nostalgic set for me that I figure, I have some of the more expensive ones from the set already, so let's just be happy and have it done.

A couple 4th and a 5th edition card to finish, but still have some needs in each of those.

I'd have to dig into the numbers, but as I have about 4,500 gaming cards in my collection, almost all of these have to be artifacts, so getting a pretty solid go there - probably over 4,000 as I do have some lands which wouldn't "count".

No comments:

Post a Comment