Sunday, January 12, 2020

Kai and the sky

The base today include...



The roster card for Dakota Kai. She may be small but she has a big personality and a good jump in the ring. Renee Young is another personal favourite as far as personality goes, and Lacey Evans is growing on me a bit because of her life story, rather than character work.

Also, can't go wrong with the first ever Royal Rumble Women's match winner Asuka - who should have remained undefeated at Wrestlemania and lost in the chase of Flair after that match, but I digress.



The couple inserts then note some high flying time with Lita in her title win on Raw, nicely shown mid air, and Becky poised for the leg drop at Evolution.

As I say, I think the best came right out of the gate with these packs, but filling in with a lot of base cards and inserts since I don't have any from the set before this box, works just fine for me.

4 Packs, 28 Cards, 218 Points.

Yesterday, I covered the sets help in the trade with Halfnard - today, the Toronto cards...okay...almost all Jays...and there are a lot.



These are the extent of the Leafs in the pack which were more from the Ultra cards used to nicely pack the cards, but I will take the awesome extras!



Before getting to the pages of scans, the only extra large card from 1994 Fleer Extra Bases - my first card from the set.



No need to scan all the dupes in full,but did want to ensure they are credited because I love them just as much in adding them to the collection.

A lot of these were getting Jays just for the collection, some new ones in the 1983 Donruss and such.




A lot of the usual suspects when looking at the late 80s and early 90s.



As we get into 1993 and on, definitely get some new additions as well as some extra copies.



Some awesome new adds with the dominating Joe Carter insert.



The first couple cards here are actually Fleer Sunoco cards which I hadn't heard of until getting these.




The 1994 Upper Deck cards are really nice looking, almost Stadium Club like.



Otis Nixon as a Jay still never seems right - similar to Jose Canseco and even Roger Clemens. Just doesn't look natural.

I am however naturally thrilled to have been able to have this trade with Halfnard. It's going to take a while to get these all into the collection - but that's just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment