Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 Goals and some autos

In case you are here for seeing some cards, let me get right to that part first.

As part of the firstrow.ca order, I picked up 10 random hockey autographs as it worked out to being about $1.50 CDN per autograph. I assumed these would be TTM or in person autographs rather than pulled from pack certified card autos, and to that extent I was right.

Each came with the following card...



In the real world, not worth anything really as anyone could print these up (my only thought it, rather than include it with a card, also make sure on this card itself, the card and autograph are mentioned, and ideally, how the autograph was received). I don't know Curtis who runs the site personally, but I get he is trying to provide legitimate proof or support that these are actual autographs - I get it.

So, what were they?



Well, a good use of a 1990-91 Bowman card is to write on it, so why not a Teppo signature which takes up the whole card. I have n untrained eye, but taking a quick look at these compared to others online, and they look good to me.



The rest, all 1992-93 Parkhurst. Doesn't give much variety in cards, but a decent enough variety of players. Not surprised there are no Leafs in the bunch, but that's fine with me for the price.

Tomorrow, I'll go through the wrestling cards from the firstrow purchase, and maybe the Leafs after that.

2020 Goals
Time to lay out the 2020 goals that I have, and I think they are all achievable, but only time will tell.

1) Share all my 2019 US trip cards
Same as last year, and should be a slam dunk to do. I have plenty of stuff, but plenty of time during the year to get through it. I don't want to fall really too far behind on it, so make sure I am done by the end of the year.

2) Complete 10 sets
I hope this again, is a low end goal and I can complete more, but don't want to stress myself on this one, so 10 sounds like a good number.

3) Buy NO new cards
So here is my big goal for 2020. My plan is to only spend money on postage and buy no new cards for myself. I am sure I will get cards as gifts and such, but I am going to try and go the entire year without buying a single card in store for myself. This will be hard in some respects, but I am hoping that by doing this, I can spend one year really focusing on trades and getting new cards by getting rid of cards I don't need.

My only caveat on this is, I will buy boosters for my Magic unopened pack collection as I don't open them, and they are cheaper getting as soon as they are released. Besides, now that they started these expensive collectors type booster in each expansion, the price can climb rather quickly on those (which is OK from investing purposes for me...).

I am going to keep track of what I spend, what I send away, and what I get back just to see how this works, but I am looking forward to the challenge!

5 comments:

  1. You don't see many auto's signed in purple, looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do #3 on your list... but the day that happens is the day I quit collecting. Best of luck on your 2020 goals. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping it helps pare down what I have - we shall see how long it can last!

      Delete
  3. best of luck to you on those goals! I'm shooting to spend -zero- on new product and so far I'm on track ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good....hoping that it'll be good motivation to greatly reduce the trade pile. :)

      Delete