Saturday, March 21, 2020

Jays for non-Jays purposes

Even though the boxes sent by dodgercards were all Jays, and most 97% or so will be solely for the Jays binder, some of the Jays which are dupes will work nicely in set completing goals as well. A Jay, and Jay, has a purpose in my collection.

Okay...these ones, not so much, as they are sets I have already completed, so dupe Jays collection they go...



1989 Topps - I suspect many either picked up a boxed set over the last 30 years, or hand collected it, or never want a card from the set in their house period. That should cover everyone.

Here is a dupe Jay from a set I don't actually plan on completing...



The 1989 Donruss All Star set is a decent one and fits nicely with their flagship design, but just not a set that blows me over for wanting to finish.

These on the other hand, generally needed and help with completing the set...



1991 Topps was one of the sets of my childhood collecting. I had a bunch and before I got back into collecting, had the O Pee Chee and Topps versions co-mingled as a mushed set. I have fixed this, which left me needing much more, but much more to a nice, clean, all Topps version, which is the only way to go. Maybe I'll look at O Pee Chee later for a set of it as well.

Just curious though - anyone out there who would mush the two and call it a set for 1991 baseball? Does that meet complete in your eyes? Cool if it does, just curious.

3 comments:

  1. Apologies Richard - went to respond to the comment and deleted it instead...seems to be the way things are working for me today! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No--I'm collecting them as separate and different seys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the only "mushed" set I'd consider building would be a Frankenset. I'd love to one day pick up a 1991 OPC baseball set though. Heck... I'd be happy to own any of the late 70's to early 90's OPC baseball sets. I think the only ones I own are the 1983 and 1984 sets. Not even 100% sure about those though.

    ReplyDelete