Friday, March 20, 2020

Just Classic

Today, we have another team set completed - this one out of 1991 Classic Game...



I already had Joe Carter from this set - which is the only card not included here. Classic came out with a few different sets in 1991 which can be told apart by the different coloured borders. You can see in how they scanned, the cards are a little curvers, but perfectly fine otherwise.

One unique feature of these cards, is the back actually has a "signature" spot which can be used for exactly that - adding a signature.



You may be wondering about the 1988 Fleer stickers as they don't appear to be Toronto related. I actually didn't have them on my want list either, because of this. The back however is of Exhibition Stadium. Not sure why the two variations wouldn't be for the two teams on the front, but it is what it is.

How often do you find "team cards" that you didn't even realize were team cards like this? I know it's happened to me a few times.

4 comments:

  1. It'd be kinda fun to go out and find all of the late 80's and early 90's Classic card sets... then display them in a binder for easy viewing. I've seen a few of the sets here and there at the flea market, but outside of the 1990 Classic Draft Picks set... I'm don't think I own any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then get as many as possible autographed in the space provided on the back...

      Delete
  2. Sheesh those were some ugly Leaf and POC years. I'm one of those crazies who enjoys the wonderfully bright Score cards! Yellow does one of two things: makes me happy or makes me run to the restroom. TMI? TB. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those bright Score cards are still much better than 1990 Topps where they can't decide which colour border they want, so they tried to use them all at once.

      Delete