Monday, October 22, 2018

Can't save this kid...

Today's trade package comes across from TCDB member SaveDaKid. As per usual, this hits a number of Jays needs, a number of Leaf needs, and a single set need as well, just because.

We start with the one set card need....

I am down to only three left of the 26 card insert set. I consider these somewhat similar to being like Donruss Kings. I know those were just a subset in the base set, and are different, but the role of highlighting star team players remained the same.

Keeping with the baseball cards...

Wow - that Joe Carter card screams mid to late 90s design with the bright colours and design...yikes! Well, also a nice silver signature parallel on the Scholfield card.

Some baseball horizontal cards...

Sweet Electric Diamond Olerud card. Definitely doesn't look like John is playing first base there though...


With hockey, definitely glad to get the Momesso card as one of those "I wouldn't recognize it as a Leaf card if I wasn't offered it" kind of way.


The last bunch of cards has one of my favourite Potvin cards with the multi-picture Upper Deck card. It was a fairly unique look at the time, and done so well here - probably in large part due to the contract of a black background.

Sweet package and as always big thanks to DaKid to get these to me with a great trade.

I always want to share a quick package from Mike67. Greatly appreciate he was nice enough to add some cards into the 1986 Topps baseball set that I am slowly trying to piece toether.



Appreciate the help, and thanks for thinking of me with these!

No comments:

Post a Comment